Well…lets start with the obvious! We have to visit your property to assess the risks involved. We take note of:
- Ownership: Are you a freeholder or leaseholder?
- Adjoining properties: What properties/buildings are around you?
- Trees – some trees are protected
- Traffic constraints for equipment access
- Water ways (Rivers, brooks, streams etc)
- General ground conditions
- Basic amenities: such as BT cables, underground electric cables and gas mains.
We will work out a ball park cost estimate to let you know if the basement will add a recoverable value to your property. It helps your budgeting to know how much this ‘hole’ is going to cost!
What will the basement be used for…sleeping, entertainment, storage etc?
How urgent? Basement construction is safer when built during months outside of winter, so timing matters.
We carry out an initial consultation/site visit free of charge.
If you would like to arrange for us to visit you, please fill in the contact form and we will get back to you as quickly as possible.